When you hear the word Samurai, you think of a warrior. That is right. The Samurai were some of the most feared Japanese warriors in the ancient times. During the ancient times, they ruled Japan for many years. In the medieval era, they acted as Japan’s military nobility. It took a lot of discipline and incredible focus to be able to master the various skills and arts for war necessary to be a Samurai warrior. That was the only way they could fight evil and perhaps each other; adhering strictly to the moral code set to govern them throughout their entire lifetime.
That is, at least, the general picture that depicts a Samurai when anyone thinks of one. Here are some amazing pictures of how the ancient Samurai warriors actually looked like in their era of rule and existence.
1. This portrait is one of fascinating existence. The portrait is of a group of Samurai warriors who seem like they were just from training. From the look on their faces, you can tell they mean business with their swords in a ready position for combat. Smile for who?
2. You would not expect to find a female Samurai. While it is a masculine term, the Samurai, also, has female warriors who underwent a similar training in strategy and martial arts as the male. The female Samurai were called “Onna-Bugeisha” and were equally lethal in combat just like their male counterparts. Their weapon was naginata – a versatile spear with a sword-like blade.
3. The full Samurai attire is just but epic. This picture shows a Samurai dressed fully in a complete traditional Samurai outfit. He has checkered pants and two swords with him – the smaller one tucked into the pants and the large one he is holding in his hands.
4. The Samurai had an open mind when it came to matters of relations and sexuality. Just like other warrior cultures like the Spartans, they allowed for same-sex relations and even encouraged them actively. The relations mainly involved an experienced Samurai and a young one they are training. It was referred to as wakashudo to mean “the way of the youth.”
5. When you see a Samurai in full armor and their weapons beside them, you get the impression that they are large and gigantic when actually most of them are tiny. They were slim with a height ranging between 5’3” to 5’5”. Also, they were much hairier and skinnier unlike depicted currently.
6. The seppuku, otherwise known as “hara-kiri,” was perhaps the most horrifying things about the Samurai warrior ways. It is a suicide act that every Samurai had to perform when they failed to follow bushido or they would risk the enemy capturing them. It was either a punishment or a voluntary act, but generally a very horrific but honorable means of dying.
7. Here is a picture of a Samurai who is seemingly taking a breather after a fight. It is a weird way to take a breather considering the heavy attire he is on. The horns in the Kabuto seem like a cool thing, but in reality, they are heavy and can weigh someone down after just a couple of hours.
8. Well, if you wanted to be a Samurai warrior, then you should have been ready to maintain such a pose. This is an extremely tiresome and difficult position to maintain. This warrior is seemingly finding it to be easy. Well, you can only try it to find out what he is experiencing within.
9. From this photo, you can feel the intensity of a real fight, whether it was training or a real fight. You can see how aggressive the man on the ground is and how swift his opponent, also, is jumping over him and his sword.
10. The elderly were the best teachers and the most experienced Samurais. With the deep knowledge of combat they had, special respect accorded to them. The old age and long gray beard should not be mistaken for weakness.
The Samurai are some of the most fascinating warriors that ever existed in the ancient times. The photos above shade some light on what a Samurai warrior looked like and some of their practices.
Dr. Oz: “I’m Very Concerned About the Corona Virus, Here’s Why”
While coronaviruses have been known to medical science since the 1960s, few have been anywhere near as dangerous as this new one from the market in Wuhan China.
A coronavirus is typified by its protective shell which resembles a crown or a halo under a microscope. That is where it gets its name. The average coronavirus does little more than cause the symptoms of the common cold, sniffles, cough, flu-like symptoms and so on. Part of the reason that these viruses are so hard to prevent from causing millions of colds each year is their protective shell. They can remain on a surface for hours, sometimes days, before they begin to lose structural integrity. But few trigger symptoms as severe as this one known as 2019-nCoV.
Dr. Oz had this to say about what has become known as the Wuhan Coronavirus, “It’s alarming, this is the big news today, the Chinese leadership is starting to say ‘this incubation period is a lot longer than we thought.’”
If this report is true, it means that many, many more people may be infected than have been reported- or even anticipated. It means that people could be walking around, infected, and not even know it- not taking precautions and spreading the virus everywhere they go. That means anyone who has recently returned from the area around the Wuhan market, where the outbreak started, could be carrying the disease.
At the time of this writing, the total enumerated infection count is over 1,800. The total deaths are approaching 200. Other researchers are suggesting that this virus has a rapid mutation rate. That is particularly terrifying because it is what made the HIV-AIDS virus so difficult to treat.
At present, the World Health Organization had laid down a series of suggestions to help people avoid infection.
They advise that anyone who may come into contact with the virus should:
- Wash their hands frequently
- Maintain good sanitation on and around all frequently used objects and surfaces
- Avoid centers of mass travel such as airports
- Sneeze and cough into the elbow or a tissue
- Take immunity-boosting supplements like vitamin C
The source of the infection is believed to have come from a specific market in Wuhan, where live animals were kept in stalls for sale and trade. Researchers believe the virus came from either a snake or a bat. The initial cases of illness were reported in December 2019 by employees of the Wuhan market. That market is now shut down for the foreseeable future.
As health officials struggle to understand the virus and contain its progress, other researchers are asking even more startling questions. The shell of this virus is similar to the shell of a virus created in a university research lab in 2015 at the University of North Carolina. What’s more, there is a known military biological weapons lab in Wuhan China.
If these reports are true, it could have serious implications, not only for global health- but for relations between the US and China.
Big Brother Contestants Make How Much on the Show?!?
Big Brother has been a wildly popular, dramatic reality TV game show since 2000. Audiences are captivated by the twists, the turns, the strange alliances, and the betrayals. The show is based on a Dutch program with the same premise which also became wildly popular in Spain and Germany before the reboot came to America.
As the US version grew in popularity, the producers eventually made it possible for fans to watch the contestants on a non-live streaming video feed available 24 hours a day seven days a week. Yes, the contestants on Big Brother are now on display to be viewed by anyone in the world at every waking moment. How they avoid getting caught in their all-togethers or during toilet breaks, we don’t know. Maybe they have certain camera-safe areas to which they can retreat.
Later on, the house the Big Brother contestants live in was stripped of all communication devices- depriving them of contact with the outside world. That is- except for the live feeds the public has unfettered access to. So, if one of them was being held hostage, we suppose they could let us know.
So the question came up of, how much do the contestants really earn? By playing the game they have the chance to make friends, or enemies, become Internet sensations, and to win half a million dollars. But, given everything they have to put up with; being ripped out of their lives, possibly losing jobs, experiencing the anguish of betrayal- all while being on public display- do they get anything else?
According to a report by Reality Blurred, a site that follows the happenings of reality TV stars, programs, and related matters- the contestants “[…] receive $750 per week that they’re in the house.”
Any pay they receive while in the jury house is harder to account for since nothing about it appears on the contract. However, it is believed that contestants receive consolation prizes during their time out of the main house. It also seems reasonable that the consolation prizes received in the jury house should be worth at least $500 since keeping them away from other gainful employment for less than that would be near to slavery. (We’re looking at you, jury duty.)
However, while the big prize on Big Brother is a cool half-million on top of what the contestants earn as their weekly salary, in reality- they have much more to gain in Internet stardom.
Many former Big Brother players have gone on to lucrative careers as influencers on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other social media sites. While any gains from that are unlikely to be as exhilarating as half a million in fast cash- the best of them certainly earn more than that over the long term.
So, it would appear that our curiosity MacGuffins on Big Brother are at least doing as well as someone earning minimum wage- while essentially fooling around Truman Show style.
Single Mom Irina Shayk, Happy Single
Those in the public spotlight seem to be an open book. Their every move seems to is covered by gossip sites. Their whereabouts are nearly always and it seems as if we are updated on who’s dating who and what luxurious vacation they are on.
That’s why it is surprising that Irina Shayk and Bradley Cooper kept their relationship under wraps for so long, dating all the way back to 2015. The couple was first spotted together after the actor and model were first seen in 2015. Cooper split from Suki Waterhouse and Shayk ended her five-year relationship with soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo.
The couple was first seen together at a Broadway show, then shortly thereafter, the White House Correspondents’ dinner. Things seemed to move quickly from there. Within months the couple moved in together, soon they announced they were expecting.
Work Gets in the Way:
Irina, who has been quiet about her relationship and breakup with Bradley Cooper, recently spoke up about their relationship.
The couple ended their relationship in 2019, on the heels of the release of the stars’ remake of a Star is Born. The on-screen chemistry between Bradley Cooper and his co-star, Stefani Germanotta, better known as Lady Gaga, sent tongues wagging. Rumors were raging that the two co-stars were in a relationship based on their pationate adaption of the film.
Irina set the record straight in some recent interviews about the end of their relationship. According to Shayk, the couple hadn’t been getting along for quite some time. After the baby was born, Shayk was hoping that Cooper would put their family first and slow down his busy working schedule. She was secretly hoping that after A Star is Born was released and the promotional tour was over, he would spend more time at home. That was not the case.
Irina, 33, was ready to settle into family life. This included getting married and more children. But the marriage never happened, and Cooper’s work schedule was as busy as ever.
Irina felt that her expectations weren’t met and she didn’t have the commitment level she wanted from Cooper. Shortly after the Award season in June 2019, the news broke that the couple had split. Irina had taken baby Lea and moved out of the couples Los Angeles home.At first, the separation was thought to be temporary. Both partners have decided that they are better apart than together.
The couple continues to co-parent their daughter, but it seems like the couple are happty being apart. They both seem to be quite content focusing on their child and carreers.
Irina recently said that “life without Cooper” and being a single mom is “new ground.” She also said that just because two people are great on their own, they are not always good together.
Irina is a strong woman, and while she often feels overwhelmed being a single-mom, she’s ready for the challenge. Both parents are dedicated to doing what is best for their child and are curently working on a visitation schedule.